Sunday, August 12, 2018

Busy but good week

We were asked to work 12 hour shifts this past week to make up for having off this weekend for the picnic yesterday.  I only did 1 hr shifts but I need to eat and tend my garden before showering and bed.  And I like meditation time in there, too.  Little rebel that I am.  And every time I hear the others complain about "we have to..." I just tell them there are no bars, no 3 hots or a cot, it is not a prison and they can walk out when they want.  I said they asked us because they cannot force us and you are just going along with it so would you like some cheese with that whine?  If you make the choice to give up your personal power you don't get to be a martyr about it.  It is always your choice.  It is called fee will for a reason.

Moving along now, one day is much like another and I finally gave up on trying to give Bev her birthday present since she so clearly showed me that she would rather do anything but something she might have to thank me for and I decided it was not worth the effort or emotional time and perhaps she was not worthy of it anyway.  I thought long and hard about my time here and not once has she said anything kind to me or about me to myself or anyone else to my knowledge.  Whatever I do she bitches about or if I make something tasty she complains about it, how I made it, and such.  Never a nice compliment and I give them to her all the time and do a hundred little things she never notices so I will tell her and she says nothing.  No thank you ever except for one thing I got her and it was not entirely an enthusiastic thanks but it was a thanks all the same.  She left for the weekend and I am enjoying a nice peaceful day today..

I had the company picnic to attend yesterday as their photographer and I cannot say I had a great time not that I will ever do that again but it was not a horrible experience either.  I got to see all these pretty children and the reason the people who work there work hard to stay there.  I am not currently trying to flee myself but then I had a good week and was paid some high compliments on my work (it really doesn't take much to satisfy me or help with my happiness factor)  and it was less bitching about work at the picnic so that was nice.  Before I left I set my lunches for the week up in the crock pot so that was completed when I got home.

Today I spent doing my laundry, cleaning my room, writing a letter, doing a people search and reading a great book.  I am not finished with the book and will return to it when I finish this.  I also made a lovely marinated salad from my garden pickings (cucumbers and tomatoes) to go with the ribs I cooked in the crock pot for the week.  I even

My pink flamingo last  night


I got closer this morning


The sun when I was coming home from the picnic late yesterday afternoon



The turkeys invaded the far lawn after I pulled in



Friday night coming home


The clouds were pink, hard to see it here


The sun coming up at work Friday morning



Thursday mornings sunrise at work (above and below)



The moon when I was leaving Thursday morning for work, a  new moon, was nice but this kind of blurred it.

It has gotten late and I need to tend my garden so I will close for now but will return again when I can.   Until then stay blessed, be well and all my love <3

No comments:

Post a Comment