Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Are you true to your God given nature? 11-9-2016



This came about because I deleted a post from my personal facebook today, which, I might add, I did not personally put there in the first place AND it was an article that I had seen in a response to a friends post so I could not tag my housemate on it, so she went in and shared it to my wall so that she could read it later.  It was an article about the Canadian immigration website crashing in response to a presidential win by Trump.  I had not commented on it after she shared it either but there were responses to it that truly saddened me.

How well can you really know someone?  You think that you choose your friends well based, perhaps, on how well they treat you but until you see how they treat the whole of humanity you really don't know them at all, in my humble opinion.  People that I have known (in real life as well as on social media) that I perceived as the most loving people, were not as loving as I had thought.  I honestly tried to find the positive side of statements such as: Keep going, they probably won't take you anyway, and don't come back, bla bla bla.  There is absolutely nothing loving about any of those statements.

On the other side of it, I took those statements as if they were directed at me personally, they were on my page after all, and I asked that they unfriend me if they could not be positive on my page.  They had others who defended them saying they were not negative and yet I beg of you to show me anything positive about those sentiments.  Anyone?  Beuller?  Seriously.  Any American telling another to go and keep going and not come back is NOT a loving person at all.  This is why I trust God, he did not exclude anyone from His love, no, he sees us at our worst and loves us anyway and that, my friends is how I aspire to love, even if I have to love you from afar.

People with a negative attitude or energy cannot even see that they have a negative attitude or energy but as an empath I can feel it from you and I honestly don't comprehend how you can live like that, it feels awful.  I am not perfect BUT in my defense, I can say that I love all people and would not knowingly say anything that would hurt them.  My friends?  Not so much.  I wanted to scream at them THINK BEFORE YOU POST, your words have power and they can hurt or heal, so choose wisely.  

When I first took the comments personally it cut me to the core, it really did, thinking that is how they really feel about me (and maybe they do or did but that is not the main point here) and then I stepped back from that and the mere fact that those sentiments were left there, even if not directed at me personally, they hurt even more because they showed me the ugly side of those people, people who I thought I was aligned with.  People who I still care about, deeply but no longer trust as strongly as I had before.  If there is hate in their heart how can I trust that they do not harbor even the tiniest amount for me?

I understand that this was a contentious election with a lot of energy and hatred in it and it did not go my way or against my way because I did not hold any expectations about it and so I was neither pleased or pissed about it, it just was what it was, is what it is.  And as long as God is on the throne, nothing anyone can do in the White House is going to change my feeling one way or the other.  Sure, I am saddened by what it could mean for people I care about who are LGBT, poor or underinsured, or any of the other concerns that a Trump white house may bring to them.  But that does NOT mean that people should be ugly to each other or to others in general.  I'm sorry but I find that reprehensible.

Am I holier than thou?  Not one bit, we are ALL created equal and it our decision to create our own moral compass and honestly if you think you are better than anyone else there is something wrong with your compass, but neither are you the least.  People who think they are better than others are misguided really.  But they should at least take others' feelings into account before they open their mouths or in particular, start typing on their keyboards, where tone, inflection and true intent is not discernable.  Karma can be ugly many times but on the other hand it can be quite beautiful, it just depends on what you put out there.  And so:

In God I trust, MOST others are questionable.

No comments:

Post a Comment