Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Blessings 7-5-2016


I say that in all seriousness.  If you think of food, shelter and material things when you are counting your blessing, though they may be so, they are more provision than blessing.  Because they can be taken from you.  A true blessing is something you cannot hold in your hands or touch in a physical sense.  That can not be taken from you.

The sun rising every day, that is a blessing, as when it sets every evening.  When I was younger I would marvel at sunsets and sunrises and say aloud "ahh, the Universe is finger painting again, just for me" and although I was not literal about the me part, as it was for anyone alive who could say "me" who actually saw it, I did appreciate the painting made for me by the Universe.

The rain is a blessing, cleansing and making everything new and smelling clean again.  The night sky, with all the starts shining, is a blessing.  The ocean and her waves coming in to kiss the shores is a blessing, what is more calming than that?  Nature herself is a blessing.

And LOVE, that is free for the having by all living things, is the greatest blessing of all.  It cannot be touched and yet it is felt, it cannot be wrapped up but it can be given like the gift that it is, it is everywhere and yet you cannot see it with your physical eyes. These, my friends are blessings.  So:

If you think of material things when counting your blessings, you may not understand what a blessing is.

No comments:

Post a Comment