Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Shall not want 7-27-2016


For reasons that are known to me (mostly the universe telling me things it wants me to see, hear, or know again) this passage popped up for me yesterday to ponder on, after the whole family members thought train.  And it is not about desire or not having any desires.

No, what I believe it to mean is that I shall not want for anything since the universe kindly supplies what I need.  That I shall not want for anything because it is already given.  Not that I should not have desires for anything, such as my dreams, but that I am provided for with all I truly need.  

Desires are another whole realm really.  We can desire to be better humans and if striving for that desire, are likely to reach that dream, day by day.  It doesn't necessarily mean that we will if we merely desire it and do not work at achieving it or that if it is something we "want" that we will get it by simply wanting it.  

To be happy in the moment because you are in it, you lack nothing and have no need to want within it.  It is when we look forward to some unpredictable future moment that we have the want of something we think we lack but in reality we were given everything we needed, when we came into this physical world, to attain anything we desire.

And so if you are in the moment, every moment, you lack nothing and therefore you have no need to want for "more".  And that is just my belief but in any case:

I shall not want.

No comments:

Post a Comment