Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Change a life 7-13-2016


I was on a bus yesterday and when I do ride buses, which is regularly, I watch people.  They are entertaining as all get out, just being themselves.  Most of the time I silently send them a hug and say I love you, just spreading love around wherever I go.

Hawaii is a very loving state, diverse in culture, race and nationalities and I seldom witness people who are unkind.  I do realize that it is far different on the mainland right now and the world needs more love and for each person to love themselves and others and I want to hug them all.

That said, I will, at times, spontaneously hug someone or even just touch their arm because I was to send my loving vibration directly into them.   If more people were inclined to hug another human, stranger or not, than to say harsh things or physically hit them, the world would be a far better place.

Ok, back to the bus...normally a lot of the people are on their phones looking like they are perusing facebook or playing games but yesterday was different. Out of a bus load of people only 2 were on their devices except for a lot of them were getting phone calls.  But mostly they were just riding in silence and I wondered what they were thinking.

Before the bus got full, however, this elderly man chose to sit right next to me.  He could have chosen any number of empty seats but he sat next to me.  I was charmed I tell you.  We watched people together and smiled a lot.  When it came time for my stop I thanked him and told him I had a wonderful ride because of him and went to gently touch his arm and he took my hand.  I gave his a squeeze back and he seemed to not want to let go.  It was not a forceful grip just a hand hold that said sorry to see you go now.  So I gave him a wink and got off the bus.

And it made me want to hug someone else, to share that connection, spread the love around as I do.  Because I felt like that made that mans day, that connection, that kindness.  And it inspired this (above) poster.

Please join me on my public page if you will:

And there is a drawing for a set of handcrafted (by me) bamboo wind chimes here:

No comments:

Post a Comment