Saturday, August 13, 2016

Roll with it 8-13-2016



This is me most days.  Take yesterday for example, got up made my cup of coffee and sat down at the computer to catch up with some things and of course my coffee cooled off, as it always does when I am doing things whilst waking up.  This in itself is not an issue as I don't like my coffee steaming hot because who likes to burn their mouth anyway?

So I go to take a sip and something hits my lip and looking into my cup I see a gecko in my coffee.  Well, cappuccino really, or I might not have seen the little dude at all.  And so I go to pour the coffee out to try to let the little dude escape mostly unscathed.  But, big bummer, it is too late as the little dude has already drowned and is deceased.  No more.  Expired. Dead as a doornail.

This bums me more than the fact that there was a gecko in my cappuccino and so I then wonder if it is somehow a bad omen.  I google to find out but lo and behold there is not a single thing on any signs, good or bad, about having a gecko in your coffee.  Although I did learn there is a coffee company by the name of green gecko coffee but that was not helpful in my search.

And so I did what I do, I rolled with it, asked forgiveness for having been a part of that little geckos demise and continued about my day.  Granted, it was a first for me, having a gecko in my coffee, although I have had the B-52's fly into it before (and when I say B-52 I mean a very large wood roach which are common here on the islands and not an actual airplane) and that is freaky enough but I do not feel bad for them because they are just creepy.  But a poor little gecko.

They have tiny little suction cups on their feet which help them to glide along windows and ceilings and I wondered how on earth those little suction cups failed to get back up out of the cup or if it was geckoicide.  I will never know. So sometimes you may find odd things in your coffee, but you just have to:

Roll with it, baby.

You can also find me here:


No comments:

Post a Comment