Monday, August 29, 2016

Chimes 8-29-2016






Because it is what I love doing and so what is on my mind and heart today.  The link will take you to the sound video and it is a lovely chime if I do say so myself.  And I do :-D

I have been so busy commuting to and from a job that is so not me and so I was out and about seeking something closer to home today and I was thinking how I really don't want to work for someone else's dream, I want to work on mine and that is building and selling my chimes.

It is what I really enjoy doing and I cannot wait for the Christmas season rush for an income and want a more steady stream coming in that will allow me to do that which I love doing.  Don't get me wrong, I love the work and the people I work with but it is so hard on this aged body to be on my feet a solid 8 hours a day without any real breaks and then a long commute home and a mile hike uphill after I get off the bus.  I am beating the crap out of my body and my body and I are NOT liking it at all.

I realize I don't have many followers here now and so maybe it is more of a "venting" thing today since this is my third day off from a kitchen that is short-staffed and I cannot even begin to comprehend the logic in this.  Now Granted, I did want shorter days but not fewer and so it feels like punishment for saying what I want.  Maybe it is, maybe it isn't, but either way it feels like it.

I am not asking for much at all, just to sell one chime a day, should be easier than it is, given that they are handcrafted and heck, I would settle for selling one every other day and be happy.  I just have yet to find the means to do that, except in December.  They say if you do what you love for a living you will never "work" a day in your life.  That would be nice.

Although this has not yet been listed on Etsy, you can find my shop at the link below and this one will go up after the 1st of September, it's a billing thing and lack of real cash flow at the moment.  But if you want this one, you can message me and I can put it up prior to Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment