Friday, June 17, 2016

All of life 6-17-2016


All of life is a miracle.  It really is.  Like the Corpse Flower plant in the poster above.  It is so called for the smell it evokes as it blooms, producing chemicals that are also found in smelly socks, for one, and it only blooms at night.  The fact that it exists at all is a miracle, as is everything in life.

When I am sitting at the bus stop nearest my home, I observe even the smallest of creatures, going about their business and not giving a whole lot of consideration to anything but what they are doing.  And I realize that there are microscopic organisms that we cannot even see, how miraculous is that?

Even walking around in my yard I am fascinated by all of the life in it, from the largest trees, to the smallest of creatures dwelling there.  Little geckos, cocoons and caterpillars, ants, and even tadpoles, they are all miracles.  Which is part of the reason I live in a rain forest, all that nature to be enjoyed and I marvel at all of it.

And then there are us humans, miracles, to be sure.  Consider the intelligence that created us, as we are, and there were no flaws in our design, everything as it was intended to be.  It boggles the imagination, for me anyway.  And we are all connected, every bit of life, bound by the same love, energy, force that created us, is in us, in all things.

Yes, all of life is a miracle.

2 comments: