Monday, June 6, 2016

Greatest gift 6-6-2016


This is, of course, second to loving yourself because if you don't love yourself you are not really inclined to be of service to anyone else.  But once you do love yourself, this is the greatest gift you can give yourself - to be of service to others.

Even if it is merely a smile or kind word to a stranger, that may make all the difference in the world to them, to be seen, that keeps them holding on.  It can be monetary but it need not be, it could be your time, your presence,a helping hand, the simplest of things, really.

I find that when I give of myself to the service of others and I hear "I needed to hear that today, you made a difference to me", there is no greater gift than to know you lifted someone else.  To you it may have been the smallest of gestures or second nature to have done or said a thing, but to the other person it may mean the world to them.

We are all connected, together on this planet during this time, to help each other.  It is as simple as that.  You may feel alone, like you have to do everything yourself, but it just isn't so.  Reach out if you are the one needing help, and reach back if someone has reached out to you.  Everyone goes through all range of things and feelings in life, that is the human experience, and so it should be easy to relate to others going through something that we already have experienced.  And if no one was there to help you when you went through it, do you wish there had been?  Be that for someone else.

I cannot fathom a person who wants another person to have the hardest life journey possible.  It is beyond my comprehension.  If I can help someone who is facing a struggle that I have been through, I want them to know that they can and will get through it and if I have anything in my experience that can make that struggle easier, I will share it if it will lighten their burden.  Life was not meant to be hard and horrible.

So who can you bless today?  Who can you help if even in the smallest gesture?  You will find a blessing in it for yourself as well, there is no greater feeling than lifting the spirit of another human being.

1 comment:

  1. Yes Chris this is in my heart as well, always thinking what can i do for the other person to feel them better. I really and truly enjoy you in my life with your videos and this blog. Thank you for that Chris.

    ReplyDelete