Thursday, June 9, 2016

Differ 6--9-2016



My take on the old adage of "I beg to differ" because I am not one who chooses to beg.  And this was brought about by hearing people debate yet another old riddle - if a tree falls in the woods and no one is there to hear it, does it still make a sound?  Most would say no but I CHOOSE to differ.

And the reason I choose to differ is simple.  If you were alone in those woods when the tree fell and it landed on you and broke your leg, would you not make a sound because no one else was there to hear it?  Seriously, think about it.  I believe all living things cry out when they are broken, humans do so when they are emotionally broken as well as when they are physically broken.  It doesn't matter if anyone else can hear those cries or not, they come forth. And all things are created from the same energy, same source, so why would the tree not cry out?

Not that it matters in the big scheme of things to anyone else, but it does to our creator.  And just because we do not or cannot hear the cries of other "things" does not mean they do not cry out.  And living things cry.  For instance, sea turtles cry when they are hurt, their tears are black I have been told.  I do not know if they vocalize their pain or even if we could hear it if they did.  But just because we do not hear it does not mean it does not happen.

When you cry out and no one else is around to hear it, do you make a sound?  And so I choose to differ.

1 comment: