Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Row your boat 6-15-2016


I have always loved this nursery rhyme and thought it was a good way to live life in general.  And then I was watching Wayne Dyer on PBS last night and loved how he explained I was right.  In essence, he said:

Row, row, row YOUR boat, not someone else's boat or to let anyone else row your boat, no, row YOUR boat, it is your boat to row. 

GENTLY down the stream, with ease, down stream and not upstream, fighting the current.

Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, this is how you are to row down the stream, it says it 4 times, to do all things merrily.

Life is but a dream.

And seriously, it is.  We have dreams while we are sleeping and we have waking dreams as well, things we dream of doing or accomplishing, in any case, it is all but a dream.

Of course life will throw you curve balls in the form of challenges, that is what you came for to enlighten yourself, but that is to test yourself on your ability to row your boat gently down the stream. We are created of love, from love, to love, not to be miserable, but to be joyful, to feel good and that comes from within, not from outer circumstances, whatever they might be.

I am generally good at rowing gently but not always downstream or merrily, I'm human and forget sometimes.  But when something doesn't feel good, I know that something in me is resisting my good and the good the universe offers us and try to reflect on what it is.  And even if I do not figure out what that is, the mere quiet reflection feels good so I know that I am in the flow of that.  And I realize that whatever it is in me that is resisting, it is something I learned in my past and I can relearn a different pattern of thinking.

And so I love this nursery rhyme and the fact that it came up to remind me to row gently down the stream, merrily, for life is but a dream.

1 comment:

  1. I love Wayne Dyer, sadly he is gone but his message will live on.

    ReplyDelete