Friday, June 3, 2016

Be a beacon 6-3-2016


This song has been stuck in my head lately.  Not a bad "earworm" really, because it is so true.  So my whole thought process was that I was and am a beacon, that my inner light shines.  I have had confirmation of this fact from so many others.  And it shines because I am my authentic self.  And yes, I know I talk about this a lot, but being who we were created to be is so very important.

We were created to shine, not to live in anger or sadness or depression or regret.  Sure, we, as humans, are meant to experience these emotions and feelings, for contrast (I believe), but we are not meant to live in them.  We were created of love, to love.  We are powerful beyond measure (thank you Marrianne Williams) and not powerless.  But until you can look in the mirror and love the person you see, how can you truly shine?

And when I say look in the mirror, I am not speaking of just the physical person you see there, but the spirit that dwells within it.  Although we are all unique like snowflakes, since we are all connected, we share that quality of love that we are created from and so we all are very alike.  Shaped by different life experiences, yet we all feel the same emotions at some point.  And when you see that you will come to the realization that we are more alike than different.

The eyes, being the window to the soul, so it is said, how can you not look into your own eyes and not see the world?  And the light within it.  And until that light is shining, how can you be a beacon for others?  As this song says "there's a little light in all of us by God's design" and even if you don't believe in God, there is light in all of us, by design, and we are meant to shine.

I know it is old, but so am I, I was around when Donna Fargo sang this originally :-)  Here, hopefully it will show up as a link, but if not, just do the copy/paste thing into your browser, have a listen:

 https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0SO8wK82FFX5yYAuwxXNyoA;_ylc=X1MDMjc2NjY3OQRfcgMyBGZyA21jYWZlZQRncHJpZANiMWFzMjJlWlRhT3U5RmQ3MjhJeHpBBG5fcnNsdAMwBG5fc3VnZwMwBG9yaWdpbgNzZWFyY2gueWFob28uY29tBHBvcwMwBHBxc3RyAwRwcXN0cmwDBHFzdHJsAzgxBHF1ZXJ5A3dobyUyMHdyb3RlJTIweW91JTIwY2FuJ3QlMjBiZSUyMGElMjBiZWFjb24lMjBpZiUyMHlvdXIlMjBsaWdodCUyMGRvbnQlMjBzaGluZSUzRgR0X3N0bXADMTQ2NDk4MTcxMw--?p=who+wrote+you+can%27t+be+a+beacon+if+your+light+dont+shine%3F&fr2=sb-top-search&fr=mcafee&type=C211US105D20151210

2 comments: