Friday, June 1, 2018

Another week coming to an end



So yesterday I was grumbling about the cold, the dreary skies with a hint of a promise of the sun breaking through and feeling unmotivated because I was freezing.  It got to be 1 PM and my little hands got tired with the chime making so I did not finish it or even come close.  I decided I would go out and do some weed whacking to warm me up and move around some.

On my way out to the big garage to collect my instrument of destruction I realized the sun was peeking though and stopped to coil up the 4 garden hoses that were laying out at the end of the flower beds.  That warmed me up quick so I started weeding the succulent bed and once I finished the whole thing I got a bite to eat.

By then it was after 3:30 and I went to the garage, this time making it all the way, the raindrops notwithstanding, I was not deterred.  I got all hooked up and started on what I call the west 40 (as in the song of old "give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around" so on large parcels of earth, be they acres or not, I always say 40, I'm odd that way) and they call the dog run, until around 4 when I went in to put my huge smoked turkey drumstick on to steam it.  I had a smoke and returned to my whacking.  I finished around 5:30 and not that I was finished with the "yard" but my hands and arms were cramping so I couldn't"t for the life of me hold the trigger down any longer.  I did do about a 1/3 of it and I will have to get a picture so you can understand just how large this particular "yard" is.

I went and got part of my turkey leg and headed out to the porch to have my little dinner and when I finished I got this picture, fully intent on showing the sun had, indeed, surfaced at all:

 

While taking the above shot, this bird flew right into the frame:



which I thought was pretty awesome and a good sign or omen of some sort.  It made me joyful and grateful that the sun had come out.  It was short lived, though, within an hour it was back to this:



and the temperature dropped again.  But it was glorious while it lasted.  I looked up the weather for today, hoping for a decent temp and it said the expected high would be 80 and I can live very well with that.  I had called the glass place earlier but the glass would not be ready until today so I have something else to look forward to today.  I went in early last night and read until almost 10 before going to sleep and woke at 4:30 this morning.  It was still dark out and too cold to go out yet with my coffee so I rolled over and slept until 6, which is a little late for me recently but it was good.

Also on the agenda today is a second interview, my solder test (I hope I am as good as I remember being) and plant tour of the company I originally applied to.  The one that will have long hours when I start.  The one where I will once again have coin in my pockets.  It's all good, early mornings and all. 

By the time I came out this morning the sun was shining, still a nippy 41 degrees but it should warm up nicely.  I may get back out and finish the west 40.  Plus I need to stop at the post office for more boxes and get glass later.  He said the next thing that would be tumbled was a bunch of clear blue, I can hardly wait!  But I am excited about all the glass Steve showed me last time I was there, too.  I can build to my hearts content for awhile again, time allowing.  But I have this weekend at least, nothing on the schedule that I am aware of.

Well, I should go get ready to head out but until tomorrow..

Have a fantastic day, be well and all my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment